Monday, February 29, 2016

Jackson MacLow

I think that there’s something significant in any sound made by a sentient being. Ducks and cats and other animals, it’s significant. It’s not meaningful in the linguistic sense, but there is an expression of what’s coming out of these beings and being part of them, and I think part of what is being done, at least for me when I was working with these ideas, is to let what’s there be; especially letting words, linguistic units, be, not making them carry a burden of my thoughts, my feelings, or whatever. I think a great deal of poetry is still an expression of feelings and thoughts. This is one thing I like about contemporary writing and writings of my own, the idea that language has value as a being that one should be able to participate in more directly than by using it as a means of expressing thoughts, feelings, or whatever.  
Jackson MacLow
                                                                                   

                                                                                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment